Recruitment of Chief Executive
The Holiday Home Association is seeking a new Chief Executive to replace the current post-holder who retires in October 2022.
A brief summary
The Chief Executive is self-employed on a part-time basis. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Gathering news of relevance to owners and agencies, and keeping members informed through a monthly newsletter
- Representing the interests of members by responding to consultations, making representations to government and other bodies, and through the Tourism Alliance
- Providing support to members by email and telephone
- Membership administration including collection of subscriptions and maintaining a membership database
- Financial administration including management of the bank account and supervision of an independent book-keeper
- Management of the Association’s website and social media channels
- Act as administrator for the HHA Council
- Attending occasional meetings in person
There are no fixed hours. Work tends to be spread over the week but equates to approximately one day a week overall.
The Chief Executive works from home and maintains his or her own office facilities at his/her own expense but consumables may be claimed as expenses. A telephone number (most probably a virtual VOIP line) needs to be maintained. A Post Office Box is currently used for post but alternatives could be considered.
Remuneration is currently £700 per month. Growth in membership numbers will enable a bonus to be paid and remuneration to be reviewed.
The Major Challenge
The major challenge for the new Chief Executive is to grow membership. Consolidation in the industry has reduced the number of larger independent agencies in membership and more members will be needed to ensure sufficient subscription income in the future.
A detailed job description may be downloaded here:
How to apply
Send a CV with a covering letter to the current Chief Executive. Address firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter or email should state approximate location of residence. The position involves some attendance at events and meetings and cannot be done from outside the UK.